Monday, April 4, 2011

A-Line Dress with Tulle (tutu) Trim

Last week I went to visit my mom in New Iberia, LA, for a few days while my husband went to England for his mother's funeral.  I had an opportunity to go to some fabric stores that we don't have in Jackson.  I went a little overboard on Disney Princess fabric... not something I normally would do since I try to stay away from licensed characters (and the legal issues associated with selling things with licenses characters).

Anyway, I made this dress.  It is a completely reversible a-line dress with ties at the shoulders than can be adjusted (by retying them) and a cute, princessy tulle trim at the bottom.  On one side of this dress is a very pretty blue background with the princesses.  This is my favorite side, but I am sure the little princesses out there will prefer the pink side.  I also made this as a tunic with bloomers.  I haven't completed the bloomers yet, but will post a picture of them when they are done.

This is one of those posts that just shows what I am up to since I am already out of these fabrics.  (Two lucky pricesses out there have Moms who have already claimed the available dresses.)  But I do have a blue Cinderella fabric that is very nice, and I saw something the other day that I can get something to coordinate with it.  Let me know if you'd like to see that.





No comments:

Post a Comment